We are blessed with a Living Tradition, described in our Unitarian Universalist Principles and Purposes. Direct experience, wisdom from others and the guidance of reason help us to explore and expand our vision.
Our philosophy of Lifespan Faith Development is to help each member of our church community in their own search for truth and meaning.
We offer Sunday School during the worship service (10:30 am-11:30 am) for children and youth, preschool through high school.
Our classes are:
- Nursery - This is a fun and safe environment for infants to three year olds to develop social skills while playing with one another. thus parents are free to enjoy the service.
- Preschool to K - This class is taught in a Montessori style. We cover morals and the 7UU Principles.
- 1st to 3rd grades - This class focuses on teaching the basics of different world religions through the 7 UU Principles and 5 UU Sources.
- 4th to 6th grades - This class focuses on teaching world religions through the 7 UU principles and 5 UU sources. There is a stronger focus on UU history, what and how the children feel about religion and their beliefs.
- 7th grade to 19 years old - In this class the teens have a choice in which curriculums they study. The focus being a more in depth look at one religion, social justice, and personal beliefs. We also offer two classes designed for teens:
- Our Whole Lives (OWL) - a year long sex education class that teaches the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of a healthy adult sex life. (7th to 9th grades)
- Coming Of Age (COA) - A year long class designed to help teens develop their own personal beliefs about religion, God and Spirituality. Each teen has a personal mentor, goes on two retreats, writes their own faith statement and presents the statements at a COA Service. This class has been compared to Catholic Conformation or Jewish Bat Mitzvah. The difference is UU's do not tell the children what to think or that they must believe a certain way. We encourage them to find their own way. (8th to10th grades)
- Adults - ESUU offers various programs and workshops (ages 15 and up).